Recipe for Spiced Roasted Ginger Carrot Soup
2 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
5 cups vegetable broth (gluten free), divided
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1½ cup heavy whipping cream, slightly warmed
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add carrots in a single layer without touching and drizzle with olive oil.
3. With your fingers, spread the olive oil so the exposed portion of each carrot is evenly covered. Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (optional).
4. Roast carrots for approximately 20 – 25 minutes before turning over. Then roast for another 10 – 15 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and nicely browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. When the carrots are cool enough to handle, place them in a food processor or high-powered blender, along with the garlic, ginger and 2 ½ cups of broth. Divide into even batches, if necessary. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the carrot puree into a stock pot or Dutch oven, along with the remaining broth, cumin, cinnamon and allspice. Stir to combine ingredients and heat over medium heat.
7. Reduce heat to low and gradually add the heavy cream.
Tip: To prevent curdling, make sure the cream is either room temperature or slightly warmer before adding to the hot liquids in the pot.
8. Remove soup from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and adjust other seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with a crisp salad for a tasty light meal.
Feel free to add some homemade croutons to this delicious, flavor packed soup.
Enjoy this Spiced Roasted Ginger Carrot soup!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.