Recipe for Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered
¼ cup chicken broth, preferably organic
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1½ tbsp. Italian seasoning, divided
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
Sea salt and black pepper
Sprigs of fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
3. Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one
tablespoon Italian seasoning.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
4. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes.
Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and the remaining Italian seasoning.
Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
5. Transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
6. To serve, top the chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve with this loaded cauliflower au gratin side dish or your favorite Keto side dish for a complete meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Enjoy Mozzarella Chicken Thighs with your favorite keto side dish!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.