Recipe for Grilled Tuna Steaks with Lemon Gremolata
Ingredients for Grilled Tuna Steaks:
4 6-oz. sushi-grade tuna steaks, approximately 3/4” thick
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 large lemons, cut in half
Mediterranean-spiced sea salt, to taste
Ingredients for Lemon Gremolata:
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
1 tsp. organic lemon zest
2 tsp. preserved lemon rind, rinsed and finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, grated
Sea salt and black pepper
Tip: For best results do not close grill lid while grilling tuna steaks.
1. Clean and spray grates of a gas grill with non-stick cooking spray and set heat to high.
Close lid until grill comes to temperature.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley, lemon zest, preserved lemon rind, and garlic a small bowl.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
3. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Open grill and place tuna steaks and lemon halves over direct heat. Cook tuna for 2 minutes per side for rare. Increase time slightly for medium, but do not overcook.
5. Remove tuna and grilled lemon halves from heat and serve immediately topped with some gremolata. Serve with grilled marinated asparagus or other side of your choice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
This healthy Mediterranean-inspired dish is ready in less than twenty minutes. It features Italian gremolata with the added preserved lemon rind for an extra bit of flavor.
Enjoy this healthy and flavorful grilled tuna steak with lemon gremolata!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.