Recipe for Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Gremolata
Ingredients for Grilled Marinated Asparagus:
1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
2 whole lemons, cut in half
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1½ tsp. Mediterranean-spiced sea salt
Top with shaved Parmesan cheese
Ingredients for Gremolata:
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
1 tsp. organic lemon zest
2 tsp. preserved lemon rind, rinsed and finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, grated
Sea salt and black pepper
Tip: For easier turning thread two pre-soaked wooden skewers through several spears lined up side by side to hold them together.
1. Place asparagus in a wide, shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
Gently toss to combine and set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinate.
2. Prepare the gremolata by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
3. Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill to medium-high.
4. Place asparagus and lemon halves over direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until they are crisp-tender.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Top with gremolata and serve with grilled lemons for squeezing. You can also top with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Pair this tasty asparagus with a grilled tuna steak or your favorite meat, chicken, or seafood entree.
Prep time: 5 minutes + time to marinate
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
Enjoy the flavor of this grilled asparagus with gremolata side dish!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.