Recipe for Summer Harvest Vegetable Soup
1 medium onion, peeled and diced small
3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced small
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced small
2 celery stalks, cleaned and diced small
1 cup fresh kale, washed ribs removed and torn into small chunks
½ cup yellow pepper, cut into small chunks
½ cup red pepper, cut into small chunks
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh thyme, crushed
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, crushed
¼ cup dry white wine
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
1. Add olive oil and onion to a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add garlic, carrots, celery, and peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Add the kale to the pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until it wilts. Add the fresh herbs and wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Add chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add fresh lemon juice. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
6. Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano ribbons, if desired.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
This versatile and forgiving soup is a great way to use up the abundant summer produce on hand this time of year. You can add whatever herbs and vegetables you have available to create your own unique combinations. This vegetable soup can be anything you want it to be!
Enjoy this versatile Summer Harvest Vegetable Soup!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.