Recipe for Roasted Fall Harvest Soup
3 cups butternut squash, cubed
3 large firm apples, cubed
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
4-5 cups chicken broth, preferably organic, divided
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. allspice
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
3. Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place in preheated oven and roast until squash is fork tender; approximately 25-30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring one quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender.
Add one cup of chicken broth to container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
5. Transfer puree to a large soup pot and repeat process with remaining vegetables and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through; approximately 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
You can serve this hearty, healthy, and delicious soup along with a healthy salad for a light meal, no matter the season.
Enjoy this Roasted Fall Harvest Soup any time of the year!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.