Recipe for Pineapple and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
8 oz. Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 large avocados
1 small red onion, diced
1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, stems removed and chopped
1 tbsp. fresh pineapple juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and place in the hot skillet. Add ground cumin and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Cook shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine and transfer to a small bowl.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove seed and score the flesh in evenly spaced rows lengthwise and crosswise to create equal-sized chunks. Scoop avocado out of shell and into a large glass, ceramic, or stainless steel bowl.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent browning and toss. Reserve avocado shells and set aside.
4. Add pineapple, pineapple juice, onion, and cilantro to the avocado and stir gently to combine.
5. Remove chilled shrimp from the refrigerator and chop into equal-size chunks. Fold shrimp into avocado-pineapple mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Spoon the mixture into the reserved avocado shells and serve as a healthy lunch entree or a light dinner.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes
These delicious pineapple and shrimp stuffed avocados are perfect as a healthy lunch entree or a light dinner, especially on those warm summer days when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen!
Enjoy Pineapple and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados on those warm days you don’t want to cook!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.