Recipe for Paleo Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
1 lb. chicken tenders
1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup chicken broth, preferably organic
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1½ tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. dried oregano
Sea salt and black pepper
Pickled jalapenos and red onion
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, and garlic and cook. Stir occasionally until the veggies are tender, around 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken tenders and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken develops a bit of color on each side, around 6-7 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, and cook. Stir occasionally until everything is well coated and the spices are fragrant, around 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, around 10-12 minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and top with diced avocado or pickled jalapenos and red onion, if desired. Serve immediately with cauliflower rice or your favorite side dish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
This healthy and economical entrée features plenty of fresh vegetables, rather than large amounts of more expensive meat. Enjoy this Tex-Mex chicken tenders dish on its own or served over a bed of cauliflower rice to absorb the delicious, rich sauce.
What’s more, the flavor is even better the next day. So consider making a double batch for a quick and healthy lunch the following day.
Give this Paleo Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders entree a try and enjoy a hearty and tasty meal!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.