Recipe for One Pot Spicy Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
1¼ lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1″ cubes
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 celery stalks, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped, divided
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add red onion, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
Cook, stirring frequently until the veggies soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Add pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat begins to brown, around 2-3 minutes.
3. Add black beans and spices and stir to combine. Cook for another 30 seconds, or just until the spices become fragrant. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
4. Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock and increase heat to high. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to medium.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, until pork is cooked thoroughly and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 13-15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Stir in 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
6. Top with remaining fresh parsley for garnish and serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
You’re going to love this delicious stew with its unique blend of pork, sweet potatoes, and a medley of spices. Unlike tougher cuts of pork, you can cook tenderloin relatively quickly. That means you don’t have to let it simmer for hours to get melt-in-your-mouth results.
And for the topping on the cake, you prepare this meal in just one pot!
Enjoy this hearty Spicy Pork with Sweet Potato Stew!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.