Recipe for Mustard Pork Loin with Thyme-Roasted Carrots
Ingredients for Pork Loin:
2 lbs. pork loin
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. sugar-free whole grain mustard
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Ingredients for Roasted Carrots:
1 lb. tri-color baby carrots
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Place the pork loin in the center of the lined baking sheet and set aside.
3. In a small glass, ceramic, or stainless steel bowl, combine the Dijon and whole-grain mustard with the olive oil. Massage the pork loin with the mustard mixture then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Place the baby carrots in a large bowl and add the garlic, balsamic vinegar, coconut oil, and fresh thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
5. Spread the carrots in a single layer around the seasoned pork tenderloin on the baking sheet and pour any remaining juices from the bowl on top.
6. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the pork. Cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of at least 145°F (for medium-rare) and the carrots are nicely caramelized.
7. Remove from oven and let pork loin rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with roasted baby carrots.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Roasting naturally sweet vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes makes them taste even sweeter. The sweetness of the thyme-roasted carrots combined with the savory mustard pork loin work perfectly well together.
Enjoy this mustard pork loin with thyme-roasted carrots!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.