Recipe for Lemon and Dill Salmon with Herb Salad
Ingredients for Salmon:
4 6-oz. Alaskan wild-caught salmon filets
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 cups mixed salad greens
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium English cucumber, peeled, cut in half and seeded
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
4-5 fresh dill sprigs, roughly chopped
1 fresh lemon, cut into wedges
Salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Dressing:
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 fresh lemon, cut into slices
2 sprigs fresh dill
Tip: Sauté the salmon for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or up to 5 minutes on each side for well done. Total cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the filets.
1. Preheat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Season the salmon with some salt and pepper on both sides and place skin-side down in the hot pan. Sear for 3-4 minutes before carefully flipping the filets. Cook for another 3-4 minutes before removing from heat.
3. Combine the mixed salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh herbs in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
4. To make the dressing, whisk the Dijon mustard, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar in a small glass bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
5. Season the salmon with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve with the herb salad. Garnish the salmon with lemon slices and a few dill sprigs, if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Salmon is packed with healthy omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids promote better brain function, are great for hair and skin, and, in general, are good for your body.
So do yourself and your family a favor and include salmon in your meal plans.
Enjoy this healthy and tasty Lemon and Dill Salmon dish!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.