Recipe for Honey Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios
2 cups whole-fat plain yogurt
8 large ripe figs, cut in half lengthwise
3 tbsp. local honey, divided
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup pistachios, chopped
Tip: If you don’t have time to prepare the labneh for this recipe, you can substitute goat cheese or even cream cheese for a less tangy alternative.
1. To make the labneh, combine yogurt and salt in a small bowl and stir until blended. Line a metal strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and position strainer over a large, deep bowl.
2. Transfer yogurt mixture to the lined strainer and cover. Place in the refrigerator to drain for 1-2 days. The longer the yogurt is strained, the firmer the labneh will become.
3. To prepare roasted figs, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet.
Arrange sliced figs on baking sheet, cut side up, and drizzle with some honey.
4. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
5. Top each roasted fig with a spoonful of fresh labneh and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. Drizzle with some honey and serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes + time to strain labneh (1-2 days)
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Enjoy these tasty honey roasted figs with labneh & pistachios!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.