Recipe for Chocolate Cherry Brownies
4 large eggs
1 cup pitted cherries, chopped
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
½ cup honey, preferably local
¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1. Place top oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” x 8” brownie pan with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth. Set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Add the chopped, pitted cherries and any juices (if using frozen cherries) and fold until combined. Transfer the batter to the
prepared pan and place in the preheated oven.
Bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes.
Note: Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly.
5. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before slicing into squares and serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Here’s a tip for this recipe… you can use either fresh or frozen cherries. If using frozen cherries, let them thaw completely at room temperature before chopping and adding to the batter. You can also collect the juice while thawing and add it to the batter, as well.
However, you will need to increase the cooking time by several minutes to account for the extra moisture. But it will be worth it.
Enjoy these scrumptious Chocolate Cherry Brownies!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.