Recipe for Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-5 large cloves garlic, smashed
1½ cups baby spinach
1/3 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup half and half
1 cup chicken broth, preferably organic
2 tsp. dried oregano
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap. Pound to a uniform thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Discard the plastic wrap and transfer the chicken to a clean work surface. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for several minutes until golden brown.
Remove garlic with a slotted spatula and discard.
3. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and cook until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add half & half and chicken broth to the skillet and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Add the oregano and grated cheese to the skillet and whisk until cheese is completely melted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to just below medium and add the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tomatoes are softened and the spinach wilts.
6. Add the chicken and its juices back into the skillet and simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
7. Remove from heat and serve immediately with a side of Tuscan risotto or a side of cooked cannellini beans.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Pecorino Romano is a well known and distinctive Tuscan cheese made from 100% sheep’s milk. The stronger flavor of Pecorino Romano is balanced with an equal amount of Parmesan creating a flavorful cream sauce that isn’t overwhelming.
Enjoy this Chicken with Pecorino Cheese Sauce!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.