Recipe for Balsamic Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup organic chicken stock
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. coconut aminos
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Note: These tasty Whole30-compliant chicken drumsticks get a touch of sweetness from the coconut aminos in the marinade.
1. Pat chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel and place in a large sealable plastic bag. Set aside.
2. In a medium glass, ceramic, or stainless steel bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, coconut aminos, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic together.
Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Pour one half of the balsamic marinade over chicken and seal bag tightly. Turn bag over until chicken is coated. Place bag in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight.
Reserve the remaining one-half of the marinade to use later.
4. When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove drumsticks from plastic bag and arrange on baking sheet in a single layer. Do not place drumsticks closely together.
Discard the remaining marinade inside the bag.
5. Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and turn each drumstick. After turning, brush the tops of each drumstick with remaining marinade and return to oven.
Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is well done and the outside has caramelized. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer drumsticks to a serving dish and sprinkle with sliced green onions before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes + time to marinate
Cook time: 50-55 minutes
Enjoy these Balsamic Glazed Chicken Drumsticks!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.