Recipe for Apple & Rosemary Stuffed Pork Chops
4 1″ thick-cut bone-in pork chops
1 large apple, diced small
1 small yellow onion, diced small
2-3 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
2 cup kale leaves, stems removed, finely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, finely minced
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. organic lemon zest
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Place top oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and fragrant.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add the kale, apple, cinnamon, lemon zest, and fresh rosemary to skillet and cook. Stir occasionally until the apple is soft and the kale is just wilted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Remove from heat and transfer apple mixture to a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
4. With a sharp knife, carefully make a slit through the center of each pork chop to form a pocket. Do not cut all the way through. Divide the apple-rosemary filling between the 4 pork chops and secure the openings with toothpicks to hold the stuffing inside.
5. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining olive oil. Sear the pork chops on both sides until golden brown, around 3-4 minutes per side. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
6. Transfer the skillet with the pork chops to the preheated oven and roast until the pork chops are cooked through, around 15-20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 145°F.
7. Allow pork chops to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving with Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash or your favorite side dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
These delicious stuffed pork chops pack incredible flavor into every bite. The fresh lemon zest helps pull all the flavors together while adding an unexpected bright note. The result? A thoroughly enjoyable and healthy meal your whole family will love!
Enjoy apple & rosemary stuffed pork chops all year long!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.