Recipe for Rosemary and Garlic Beef Tenderloin
3 lbs. beef tenderloin roast
3 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
16 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
1 large red onion, sliced
2 large shallots, sliced
3 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
3 tbsp. garlic, minced
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt one tablespoon coconut oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften; approximately 4 – minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Melt the remaining coconut oil in a small bowl in a microwave. Add the rosemary and garlic to the coconut oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Rub the rosemary and garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
4. Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions.
5. Arrange the mushroom and shallot mixture around the sides of the beef and place in the preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well done results.
Use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. For medium-rare, remove from oven at 140°F. The temperature will rise to 145°F as it rests.
6. Remove from oven and rest for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 – 50 minutes
Note: Actual cooking time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the starting internal temperature of the beef. Therefore, allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes before roasting.
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.