Recipe for Herb & Mustard Sirloin Steak
1½ lbs. sirloin steak
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mustard with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Generously coat the steak with the herbed mustard on all sides. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Swirl hot skillet to evenly distribute olive oil. Add steak and sear on all sides, including edges, approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook on one side for approximately 5-7 minutes. Turn steak and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until steak reaches desired level of doneness.
Tip: Use an instant read thermometer to determine when the internal temperature is 5°F below the desired result. The temperature will continue to rise while the meat rests.
5. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain and serve with your choice of side dishes.
Hint: This would be a good time to try the Grilled Corn & Cherry Tomato Salad. 😉
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Note: The actual cooking time for this herb & mustard sirloin steak recipe will vary depending on the thickness of the meat, the starting internal temperature, and the desired level of doneness.
This is a delicious steak recipe that doesn’t require a lot of fuss. With a few simple ingredients you can whip up a flavor-packed main course in less than 30 minutes. Pair it with your favorite side dish and you can be sure it’s a meal your entire family will love!
Enjoy this delicious Herb & Mustard Sirloin Steak with your favorite side dish!
This website may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation for purchases made through these links. This in no way affects your purchase price. More importantly, we strive to recommend products & services that will benefit you regardless of any benefit to us.